I use vintage patterns, some of which belonged to my grandmother, with today's fabrics and yarns. I take vintage needlework magazines and work from the patterns in them. The magazines date from 1912 through to the fifties, and I try and use the patterns from them as they would have been originally used. Sometimes I will adapt them and make something else. I prefer to specialize with the thirties and forties patterns and occasionally dip my toe into the fifties.

When I feel the need to bring things up to date, sometimes adapting the original vintage patterns. I also design my own patterns so you can make lovely items too.


Friday 28 August 2015

Vintage style brooch

Just made this vintage style brooch


7 comments:

  1. Hi there....that's so pretty....I love the shape of it....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking to burn fat then you need to start using this brand new personalized keto meal plan diet.

    To design this keto diet service, licenced nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional cooks have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, convenient, money-efficient, and enjoyable.

    From their launch in early 2019, thousands of individuals have already transformed their figure and health with the benefits a proper keto meal plan diet can offer.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones offered by the keto meal plan diet.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I read them every single one!