I use vintage patterns, some of which belonged to my grandmother, with today's fabrics and yarns. I take vintage needlework magazines and work from the patterns in them. The magazines date from 1912 through to the fifties, and I try and use the patterns from them as they would have been originally used. Sometimes I will adapt them and make something else. I prefer to specialize with the thirties and forties patterns and occasionally dip my toe into the fifties.

When I feel the need to bring things up to date, sometimes adapting the original vintage patterns. I also design my own patterns so you can make lovely items too.


Sunday 7 September 2014

And there's more..............


Spent the weekend making more corsages which can be found here

4 comments:

  1. Hello.....I'm thinking you won't remember me?
    It's been ages.....anyway thought I'd pop by.....:-)
    I love what you've made.....that's really very pretty....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I do,,,,,,,,,,,,,, email me and give more clues?
      Julie xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. These are really lovely, thank you for stopping by my brocobelle blog, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I read them every single one!